Thursday, June 30, 2011

Long Update

Hello!

Its been a little while, so I'll just hop right into some updates. :)

In tech related news, a few weekends ago I purchased an EVGA GTX 560 Ti Super Clocked GPU.
And all I can say is that its awesome. :D
I can play all my games at the highest levels of detail with little or no frame rate drop, I've tested most of my GPU intensive games and it works wonders compared to my 9800 GTX+.
One note I will mention is that the card itself is quite warm (probably because either the type of cooler used or because its factory overclocked to 900 mhz. But I have the fan speed fixed at 50%, so most likely that is the cause, usually I dial it up in more intensive applications. So far I am pleased with its performance and hope that it doesn't break. :)

As for school goes, same old same old. Just plugging along till summer semester ends and then I get a few weeks for a break and then its fall semester.

As for games go, I am excited seeing that Steam is having many games for super cheap, so I just got Garry's mod and Terraria, and probably will get more (I'm kind of a sucker for deals on PC games, my kind of shopping. XD).

Other than that a few weeks ago I went camping and it was refreshing, though some of the time it was foggy, then super hot, then cooler, then rainy, then lastly at one of our stops on our way home it was very cold. All around good trip, just waiting in anticipation for fall camping.

Also another interesting tidbit is that today at the firestation by our house, one of the transformer trucks was parked in the parking lot! Actually interestingly enough I met the guy who designed that particular transformer for the movie, and appartently he lives right in our town. Kind of random and cool at the same time, made sure though to get some pics.

That pretty much describes what I have been doing this month in June, and I think I covered most of the main events, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment